Friday, August 28, 2009

HAWKMail - if only the URL can be friendlier



I saw an article mentioning that a American college (HACC) has just migrated their mail system to Google Apps. I went to take a look since it's such a hype to adopt Google Apps these days.


Looks good. It makes business sense to migrate to Google Apps (or even Sun Java System Communications Suite :> ) if you manage a huge number of mailboxes. The operating cost per mailbox will drastically reduce.

Anyway, I scroll down and saw that to access HAWKMail, the URL is http://mail.HAWKMail.hacc.edu.



I went ahead to click on it. I was redirected to the customized login page on Gmail. I did not like what I saw. (".... www.google.com/a/hawkmail.hacc.edu....")





If only the URL can be rewritten to be privately labelled to HACC brand ...

That would be nice!



No comments:

Post a Comment