Monday, July 13, 2009

Failed to add mail service by commadmin

I went to the American bank today again. Our task was to continue with what we have left last week.

But we hit a problem trying to assign service packages to the default domain. It kept displaying "Failed to update organization". Not helpful indeed.

Hmm.. I thought I have missed out the step in adding the mail service to the default domain.

So I went ahead to issue the command:


$ commadmin domain modify -D admin -w [password] -n abc.com -d abc.com -S mail -H sun61.abc.com


But we kept getting this error:


FAIL

netscape.ldap.LDAPException: error result (20)


Luckily, there was a discussion at Sun Forum. I have actually messed up the configuration steps!

A note to all: Remember to configure Delegated Administrator and it's CLI before Messaging Server configuration! Otherwise, you'll end up having the same error.

I thought I was pretty comfortable with Sun Communications Suite since I have been implementing for the past 5 years. Ha!

My wrong procedure:


  1. Preparing the Directory
  2. Configuring Messaging Server
  3. Configuring Communications Express
  4. Configuring Delegated Administrator and Communications CLI

The correct procedure:

  1. Preparing the Directory
  2. Configuring Delegated Administrator and Communications CLI
  3. Configuring Messaging Server
  4. Configuring Communications Express

You can read the wikis here. (Note: I am not using Access Manager for DA. Using Direct LDAP mode instead)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment